Monday, September 24, 2007

Milestone on the Blog

1000 posts and still typing



1000 posts on Blogger

Blogger states that I've made 1000 posts on Prairie Bluestem. It seems an appropriate moment to pause and comment.

Blogging has had a few surprises for me. For example, I didn't know that blogging would be such a heart-warming experience. I could never have imagined the nice people who would visit here or the interesting comments and e-mails I would receive.

Every now and then, I have the nice surprise of coming across posts from this blog listed in the search engine results!

And I'm surprised that it's been fairly easy to write something, most days of the last 21 months. I like to imagine that daily practice is helping me become a better writer. Of course, I don't worry much about what my editor and publisher think, because they are me. Or, to say it with better grammar: they are I, and I am they.

Blogger at keyboardPrairie Bluestem has given me the impetus to record some personal and family stories that I hope will be passed on to my grandchildren's children. In other posts, I've added to the internet's body of information on various topics. Of course, there have been plenty of mundane posts, too, but I hope that even they have helped someone forget the cares of life for a moment.

At my current blogging rate, I still have enough photo-storage space with Blogger for about 11,000 more posts or about 17-1/2 years. Apparently the blog has just begun, so thanks for reading post #1001, and please stand by for #1002.

2 comments:

Sarabeth said...

That's a lot of posts for one person. Definitely a good milestone to mark.

Genevieve Netz said...

Hi, Sarabeth. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I was pretty prolific for a while. Now it's about one post per day for me. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.